Drake is a master lyricists so its only reasonable that we can all relate to his lyrics and feelings. He literally speaks to us! Lets be real Drake’s the type of dude to lick his fingers before turning the page on a iPad.
He understands FOBO so very well, so lets break down some of his lyrics and see his hidden FOBO messages:
- “Make the most out of tonight, and worry ‘bout it all tomorrow” – leave your phone in your bag or at home and just enjoy the moment, you don’t need to document it all on Snapchat.
- “My excuse is that I’m young” – our generation is always on their phones, it’s just what we do. But that is not an excuse
- “You only live once” – literally YOLO but do you really want to live that life full of anxiety and suffering from nomophobia?
- “Worrying about your followers, you need to get your dollars up” – your follower count does not represent your popularity or who you are. It’s not reality, spend the time with physical friends instead of those fake followers on your phone.
- “If you think I’mma quit before I die dream on” – Challenge accepted, be the better person and sign and log out.
- “I’m just saying you could do better” – even Drake knows that you’re not trying harder. Breaking up with your phone is hard but you will feel 10 times better without all that baggage.
- “Know yourself, know your worth” – you’re better than your phone. You have the strength to put it down and focus on your mental heath and smell the roses.
- “Started from the bottom now we’re here” – started with that strong addiction but now the anxiety has dropped because you’ve turned off my phone
- “Sweatpants, hair tied, chillin’ with no makeup on” – no phone means you don’t have to worry about people seeing you if you don’t post that selfie on Snapchat or Instagram. You can look as chill as you want.
- “Started not to give a fuck and stopped fearing the consequence” – YASSS getting offline and not caring what is happening, so much more relaxing isn’t it
So let’s all drake and chill without our phones.
x BL x